Pages

Welcome to Iowa Fit Chicks! We are just two friends living in Des Moines with a penchant for healthy living and healthy baking. We're baking up a storm right now, and we'd love to share our snacks with you. Come find us at the Des Moines Downtown Farmers' Market this summer!

Let's use this space to share thoughts and ideas about getting fit, baking fit, farmers' markets, and anything else that's on our minds. Post a comment. Share an idea. We'll be doing it. Won't you join us?
Laura & Michelle

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Turn up the Intensity




I don't know about you guys, but I have been letting my workouts slide a little. I started out the summer strong, but as it started getting a little colder, I noticed that I haven't been working out quite as hard as I should.

So this week I started to try making my workouts more intense. It's been great! I've actually been slightly sore after working out, and I really feel like I have been getting better workouts. Here are a few things I have tried:

  • Using a heart rate monitor. Do you have one of these? They are key to keeping in your target range. I LOVE working out with a heart rate monitor. It makes it so much easier for me to push myself if I can actually see a number going up.
  • Interval training. I started adding a few more sprint intervals to my cardio workouts. It's fun pushing myself through those intense minutes. I can already feel a difference in my fitness level!
  • Adding extra minutes. I have tried to extend my workouts for a few minutes each day. Those extra reps and extra calories burned all add up, and can mean faster and more intense results.
What do you do to keep your workouts intense?

xoLaura

1 comment:

  1. I think about getting fat and the fear usually helps me push in a few extra reps!

    ReplyDelete

Followers